Friday, February 5

Flying Kites

When Jordan, my sister, called a bit ago to suggest I blog about the amusing things my daughters say each day, I thought Hmm. Now maybe that's a blog I could imagine keeping up. I remembered having set up this site MONTHS ago with the wistful thought of "writing again." But, well, my determination to actually write anything lacked just a tad. In fact, I was more than slightly amused at re-reading the only thing written heretofore; the subheading (see words in orange box, above).

I've thought a bit since setting up this site about what "theme" my computerized journaling could follow, something to spin off of that would re-spark the "writer" inside me (and I use that term VERY loosely - as in 'one who enjoys expressing him/herself through the written word'). Frankly, I kinda get bored after blog-hopping from one cute family to the next. My little clan doesn't have the whites-and-khakis photo (although those are generally very nice and fresh). In fact, we went for our first family photo over the summer and, well, won't be doing that again for some time. I have very little regularity in anything I do (aside from breathing - and eating/cooking, but even that's sporadic). So, the charming family theme is out, the "this is what I love to do and am way good at it - see?" theme doesn't work, the cooking nook has been taken by a dear friend (much to my delight). NOTHING else happens in a consistent manner around here, so really I have nothing to bring me back to the computer even somewhat regularly. Especially since mayhem, not the moon, seems to push and pull the uneven tide upon which the Ashleys ride.

Hmm. Bringing order to chaos. The only recurring idea for a thematic representation of my life. Not that I'm any good at ordering chaos at all - even and especially with my thoughts (as you've probably realized just by reading this so far). Obviously, agree the few who have dared pop in unannounced -or even announced, I haven't mastered it within my home. But the very living with the random, the whirlwind, the absurd, the imbalanced, the the incomprehensible, and trying miserably all the while to contain and organize it all - that I do know well. In fact, the inconsistent is the one constant in my life, it seems.

And so, I believe I'll try. (Love the ambivalence?) Here I'll collect my musings on familial chaos and try to at least put those in some sort of order... Likely I'll end up tying in the diverting conversations of my girls, as they are usually a reflection of the world swirling 'round us. Mind you, riding tornadoes can be quite thrilling and eventually you get places - new places, places you hadn't planned on visiting! Sometimes, though, you just need to get your kids to school without the unplanned field trip to Oz on the way. Perhaps writing about the whirlwind will help me see how to back away until there's just enough of a breeze to go fly kites. I'd like that. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment