Thursday, February 25

They're BACK

After over a week of being away, the girls seemed excited to be back home.  That is, until they walked into the entry and saw the new tile.  Abby: "What?? Were did the carpet go? You need to put it back right now!"  Ellie: "This is not pretty."  Nothing like a couple of opinionated toddlers to help you feel like the blood sweat and tears were worth it.  A few days later, Abby seems to be reconciled to the fact that the tile is permanent.  Ellie, however, still walks up to the tile with her hands on her hips and, shaking her head, says "This is not pretty."


QFTD - CATCH UP (I still have to collect the ones from the girls' trip - they said some pretty funny things - but here are a few to celebrate their return)


Abby: "Mom, let's play 'Cruella the Bill' - you be Cruella and Ellie has all the dalmatian puppies and you try to get them." Me, to Ellie: "Okay. I'm Cruella and I want your puppies!" Ellie: "Why? They are not your puppies!"  "Because they're so little and furry and... (stalling, as I rationalized for a split second whether they've thus far realized Cruella really wanted to skin the puppies for coats) ...I ... want to eat them! (oops.)"  Ellie, with a look of horror: "They are not hamburgers!"

At lunch, after making Ellie take off her white shirt to spare any stains, Abby said: "Mom! I see purple all over Ellie's belly!"  Ellie: "Oh. It's just stamps" (she had stamped the entire ink pad over her belly and legs several times).  "WHAT?? Mom, did ya heard that?? She stamped the ink pad all over her body!"  "I know. We've talked about it."  Abby, with a disappointed head shake: "That's it."

Part of Abby's discussion as to why she didn't need to go to bed: "I can handle sleep."

Abby, forcing herself to cough: "I just have a really bad cough." Ellie: "Did you get it at Nana's house?  And she gave you some medicine?" A: "Yeah. That's how you get kids healthy every day.  Mom, this is the deal - you need to give me some medicine every morning and every night.  Like Nana did."  (Hmm.  I'm starting to understand how Nana got through her time with the girls....)

Abby: "Mom! Ellie is teasing me and she won't stop.  She's calling me a planetarium but I'm not a planetarium!"

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad that the girls are back! I've missed hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise the cough medicine was grape and it did not have codeine in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete