Sunday, February 28

The latest

The latest pics:  Abby wrote a KEEP OUT message so Daddy won't find the cupboard above the kitchen trash which provides an alternate way to throw away garbage.  I found myself more scared than amused that already she's coming up with ways to encrypt her letters to make a "secret language" and speaking in the raspy, bad guy-esque voice all the while. She insisted I draw Daddy with an X on his belly and fists on his hips (and to the side, a sail boat that he'll find later to make him happy).  The trail leads him to his favorite foods that he can't have. 


(NO PEEKING    SECRET   NO DAD)


Ellie put up quite a fuss this morning while insisting she wasn't going to church wearing this dress.  She's TWO and already fighting over clothes?  I had to make her feel like she was fancy, thus the photo shoot.




And, lastly: There might be hope for the state of our home, thanks to Abby's random obsessiveness with order.  She came in to our room the other morning after waking up and wanted me to come see something.  To my sheer delight and surprise, this is what I found:
   
                        
(My favorite part was the way the bottom corner is draped into the middle of her room)



QFTD - From the trip, Via Nana

Abby: "Why is Granddad sticking out his belly?" G: "Hey, I'm not sticking ou my belly!" A: "He's doing it again."

Granddad asked me to shave his neck and the girls were taking a bath. They asked me what I was doing so I told them. Ellie looked up and said "why did you shave his hair off his head?"  I'm sure she was not referring to his bald spot!!!!   

This morning Abby said "these are the rules, Ellie - first rule: little girls DO NOT TOUCH boo boos. Only big girls can. Third rule: little girls can not scratch their arms, backs, legs, eyes, nose, mouth."  Ellie: "It is only one Back! Not backs...."

Ellie: "Better clean this mess up before Granddad gets home!"

Ellie, coming up to the hotel in TN: "I see the hoe and tell!"


Ellie, trying to persuade Nana to make another stop on their way home from KY: "Your tires are flat. They need a rest."



QFTD - From the last few days

Me: "Ellie, where's my paintbrush that you had this morning?"  "The black one? Oh. It's in the toy room. Try to find it."

Abby: "Mom, I'm giving all your snuggles away.  It's really happening."

Ellie: "I don't like Heavenly Father."  Me, a tad shocked and alarmed: "Why not?  He made you and
loves you..." Ellie: "I don't like him when he sees me do wrong things."

Ellie always insists I help her say prayers, although lately she tends to refute certain things I prompt her to say.  Example, during morning prayers, she echoed everything until: "...we thank thee for our blessings,"  Ellie, in a forceful whisper to me: "No! I don't like blessings!" (complete with scowl and snarl).

Abby, after jumping on her bed while she was supposed to be taking a rest: "I need you to turn on pbskids.ord so I can cool off because I'm having too much fun."

Abby was playing with a very boy-ish looking toy tonight as I got her into bed - one of those junk toys where a superhero spins its arms when you pull a cord.  I asked her where she got it.  "Um, it's a very long story." 

Abby: "I don't want Ellie to type on this" (the bumps of a disposable paint tray).  Ellie: "But I'm having a splendiferous time."


2 comments:

  1. Random obsessiveness with order...hmm sounds familiar. Maybe that's why you always call me Abby and Abby Natalie. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed my daily laugh! Thanks! : )

    ReplyDelete