Wednesday, March 24

1,000 Words

Since they say a picture's worth a thousand words (that is what they say, isn't it?) I figured I'd make things more interesting by showing various adventures from our "hiatus."












You may remember the "before" shot to the left - and my goal to find my dryer again.  Well, I did, only to turn it in to a mini greenhouse.  Problem is, it turns out my seeds are growing at a much faster rate than I had anticipated and we're still a month and a half from in-ground planting here in Buffalo. Hmm.


 

Ellie has all sorts of fun dressing herself appropriately for the weather on a given day, then sneaking out the back door to the unenclosed portion of our yard. (She claims she can only see the birds on that side - not in the backyard.)  She also enjoys lining up her toy skunks and kitties (yes, I said skunks) to read the atlas. 


Nothing keeps these little princesses from hopping upon their thrones whenever the time comes.

And, finally, we have my birthday "celebration" - from which we are still recovering.  (All I wanted was a day of calm and rest, as it was Sunday.  Not sure how I convinced myself that could or would happen.)





Abby was so kind to wrap up many random toys - most individually - many times and bring them to me on my bed.  Each time the bow was re-glued with Elmers atop new wrapping paper, as Abby insisted I rip the paper open each time.  I'm pretty sure most of the toys are still at my bedside.

Ellie, whilst Abby prepared my gifts, decided to decorate herself and three stairs with glitter glue.  I now officially ABHOR anything that shimmers in the arts and crafts department.


And, later, both girls decided to celebrate (without me) by sprinkling the tile and wood floor and new couch cover with colored sugar.  I wasn't very enthused, as you might gather from their expressions.


So, as one can see, things never really slow down here at the Ashley home - computer or no.  As my mother used to say (with Spanish accent): EEJUALACHAHADAMATODO!

QFTD

Ellie, trying to get my attention while I type:  "Ellie's Mom! Ellie's Mom! Ellie's MOM!"

Ellie, totally out of the blue at dinner: "Abby, I love you." Abby, acting very perturbed, "Okay! I know!"

I informed Ellie she had to change back into her clothes (from her sundress) before we could go to Wegmans. Ellie: "To get roses?" "Roses at Wegmans? No. Just food." "But I like Roses."

Abby: "Mom, what does husband mean?" I explained and decided to apply the explanation by asking who my husband is, whose Nana and Grammy's are etc.  "Who is Candace's husband?" Ellie: "Oven!" Abby: "Uncle Devin, silly!" Then we worked on wives.  I tried tricking them with "Who is Uncle Matt's wife?" (Unmarried.) Ellie: "Uncle Michael!"   Abby: "He's not married!  Uncle Matt and Uncle Michael are kids like us!  But, they're different. They're bigger and live on a different world and other planet." 


I bought some Oreos (to use on sunflower cupcakes) and a couple of other treats, but sternly forbade Abby to get into them without my permission.  A couple of minutes ago, I told her she could go down and choose one of the treats - all on a specific shelf. Which did she choose? The gummi-vitamins which are nowhere near the treats. "How many did you eat, Abby?" "Just one." "Abby?" "Just four." Great. 



No comments:

Post a Comment