Saturday, March 27

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

I wish I were snoring?  Why can't life be boring?  It's actually quite sunny (though a brisk 30 degrees) here in WNY and I've been under the weather for a good few days.  Unfortunately, life doesn't slow down around here even when Mom does.

Here's the story:  I love good photography.  I wanted to have the girls' photos taken by a friend who does great work and who's offering a special sitting tomorrow for Easter/Spring etc.  I got Abby a new dress for the shoot and brought it home for her to try on.



Side-story:  My sweet friend Eliza gave me a fantastic cupcake recipe book that we all got very excited about.  The girls insisted on trying out the fun cupcake creations.  I purchased the basic food coloring 4-pack and the new neon 4-pack, figuring that with so many different cupcakes to try, we'd eventually use all the colors.  We tried out the sunflowers: 

 

Back to Abby trying on her dress.  Once she had it on, I got her downstairs to snap the above photo.  However, we walked into the living room to find this:


Ellie, channeling her inner artist, had decided to finger/lip paint with the new food coloring. On the wood floor.  And a hot pad.





Then, as if my initial freak-out didn't strike enough fear in her to NEVER try this again, I came back from rounding up cleaning supplies to find this:

(She might get her hard-headedness from her father)

So, naturally, Abby swooped in to "help" put the caps on and somehow ended up squirting the neon purple everywhere, setting off a trail of neon pink stains that do not come out of wood floors, vinyl floors, white toilet seats, white walls or faces.

 
(Bath time)

So unless we go for the dyed Easter egg look, something tells me the photo shoot just might not happen.  Ohhhh.

 

QFTD:






I let Abby stir the Crystal Light.  After a minute, she tasted it and said with a serious nod: "So good. So good."

Ellie resumed her phone call with Nana after 'cooking the cough drops.'  Nana: "Where did you go?" E: "I'm nowhere." 

While getting in the car after a Home Depot run, Ellie asked: "Mom, do you like to go to Africa?"

Ellie, while grocery shopping: "Mom, you can come to my birthday with my friends. Do you like my friends?" "Oh yes." "But, do you like Abby's friends?"

I started to ask the girls: "Do you want to go to..." Ellie, finishing: "Chip-olè?" (Chipotle) (Note: I just now decided to finally learn how to use the è and ñ keystrokes, and cheered upon figuring it out.  Abby: "What Mom?"  "I just learned how to type Chip-olè!" Ellie, jumping and cheering: "Chip-olè! Chip-olè! Let's go to Chip-olè!")

After the dust had settled following an intense sibling battle, complete with claws drawing blood, Abby said with contemplation: "I don't like when Ellie scratches me.  It hurts my back and feelings. And that's following Satan." Ellie: "Well, here's a drink (pretend) to help you feel your back better. And your feelings. And your burps."

Abby, getting frustrated with her shirt, called it stupid.  She quickly realized her slip and clasped her hands over her mouth.  "We don't say stupid, huh, Mom?"  "No."  "And the other stupid things we don't do are hit and kick people and scratch them on the back and arms and face, right?"  "Right."  "And the other stupid things we don't do are tell the truth of God."

3 comments:

  1. I love all these quotes. they're hilarious. And you know... maybe a photo as dyed easter eggs wouldn't be that bad. It might be kind of postmodern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, not- I went and hid my 2 packs of food coloring after reading this. Did it get on her new Easter dress? That is a "moment" glad you captured it in pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al, you should ship them out here so I can squish them. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete